Manager of Educational Sales – Movie Licensing USA
Through close partnerships with top movie studios across the globe, Swank Motion Pictures (“SWANK”) prides itself on creating extraordinary, memorable movie experiences. Since 1937, SWANK has brought the magic of movies beyond the home and theater through proper movie licensing into a number of new venues, including worldwide cruise lines, U.S. colleges and universities, K-12 public schools and libraries, hospitals, motor coaches and trains, correctional facilities as well as parks, museums and beyond. To learn more about Swank Motion Pictures, visit www.swank.com.
Due to growth in the K-12 educational sector, SWANK is now seeking an innovative sales leader to serve as our Manager of Educational Sales for its Movie Licensing USA Division. This key leadership position will focus on driving new sales and creating successful educational partnerships in the K-12 school market. Our ideal candidate must bring proven sales leadership, prior sales management experience, a consultative selling approach, and, a genuine enthusiasm for new business development. This senior leader will help schools reach their potential through movie licensing tied to fundraising, programming, and educational streaming objectives. As a family-owned entity, we are seeking someone with an owner’s mentality and an entrepreneurial spirit to further build our book of business.
Reporting directly to our Vice-President, the Manager of Educational Sales will:
• MODEL ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADERSHIP: Serve as a key member of SWANK’s Senior Management Team. Gain complete knowledge of SWANK’s movie licensing and renewal services. Model consultative selling with educational institutions to develop customized programs requiring movie licensing. Lead by example with high integrity, clear goals, and a willingness to learn and love our business. Establish credibility across the organization as one of SWANK’s key leaders.
• STEER OUR EDUCATIONAL SALES AND MARKETING STRATEGY: Develop and implement best practices for identifying and researching sales prospects, initial outreach and follow-up efforts, and, contracting and closing sales. Partner closely with SWANK’s leadership and internal marketing team to design innovative digital and print marketing materials. Keep up to date on motion picture industry trends, including competitive analysis and technological advances.
• INSPIRE A HIGH-PERFORMING SALES TEAM: Provide team leadership and serve as a key resource for a team of 10 sales professionals, including new business development and renewal team members. Drive team motivation and productivity. Develop, recruit, and retain key players. Track performance, celebrate successes, and provide meaningful feedback. Foster a culture of accountability to meet short and long-term goals.
• ENSURE PROFITABILITY & COMMUNICATE SALES PROGRESS – Partner closely with SWANK leadership to provide effective and proactive P&L management. Drive revenue growth, gross margins, and earnings for K-12 Division. Analyze, create, and present sales reports and forecasts to leadership. Lead forecasting for K-12 Division to meet long-term goals for profitable movie licensing sales.
• Minimum of 7-10+ years of progressive sales experience, including participation as a senior member of a management team and/or business unit.
• Experience must include 2+ years in a sales leadership role with oversight and management responsibilities for a team of individual sales contributors. Prior responsibility for a team of inside sales and or telephone sales professionals ideal.
• Experience and or familiarity within the K-12 school/educational market is strongly desired.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company and with clients while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others a must.
• Solid strategic planning, organizational and project management skills, and, the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly a must.
• Superior listening, team building and coaching skills as well as a collaborative and resilient attitude required. Must have a command presence and the confidence to express opinions and propose new ideas.
• Solid technology skills including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint and familiarity with a variety of CRM systems.
• Ability to travel, up to 20%.
• 4- year degree required; advanced degree a plus.