Reporting directly to our CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will:
- SERVE AS A TRUSTED PARTNER: Serve as a key advisor to the CEO and as a valued member of Mills Executive Team. Collaborate with CEO and senior leadership on strategic planning initiatives. Guide future investments and facilitate growth opportunities while evaluating solutions and technologies that create value and solidify competitiveness. Ensure profit is maximized in a manner consistent with ownership and company culture. Serve as lead representative in business partnerships such as banking, legal, audit, and insurance.
- DRIVE & IMPLEMENT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES: Develop financial strategy and implement plans to achieve success through operational efficiencies, continuous improvement and implementation of best practices. Direct all financial goals, objectives, and, improve the annual budget process. Proactively research, identify, and interpret market trends and performance analytics. Supervise cash management activities. Report on past performance and prepare future projections. Be a partner to operations and business development - informing, assisting and leading efforts to make them more productive and profitable. Oversee the investment of funds and manage associated risks.
- LEAD A HIGH-PERFORMING TEAM: Provide direct oversight and inspiration for financial team members in all accounting, financial reporting, asset management, financing, and performance analysis functions. Communicate strategic objectives enabling teams to move in a unified direction in a productive and profitable manner. Foster a culture that promotes learning, employee engagement and teamwork. Coach and enable staff to effectively interact with all departments and ensure policies and procedures are established and clearly communicated.
- CREATE AND LEVERAGE FINANCIAL VISIBILITY WITHIN ORGANIZATION: Identify means to create meaningful financial visibility for internal stakeholders through use of scorecards and dashboards. Utilize financial data to communicate opportunities for improvement. Promote a culture of accountability based on data-driven decision-making and success.
- ADVISE ON GROWTH & EXPANSION OPPORTUNITIES: Collaborate with Executive Team to assess and evaluate growth opportunities. Assist in the evaluation and pursuit of acquisitions providing the necessary cash flow analysis and all financial modeling. Assist in upfront due diligence and integration process. Drive the negotiation process with banks on covenants and loan agreements and lead the team to provide financing for each deal.
- MANAGE RISK, COMPLIANCE & LEGAL: Identify, analyze and manage risk, including contract review, and partnerships with outside legal counsel. Establish improved security and controls on accounting practices if necessary. Ensure that the company is in compliance with all finance, accounting and business requirements.
- PROMOTE STELLAR CUSTOMER SERVICES: Customer service is a top priority for all stakeholders at Mills (both internally and externally). Demonstrate respect for residents, employees, outside partners and all other constituents. Professional and ethical behavior is expected at all times.